Recently the new Apple iPhone became known, from that moment on its ads invaded the headlines around the world, prevailing in most technological media, something that of course was to be expected.
But it highlights the fact that for almost the entire year 2017, the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge ranked as the best alternative.
Paradoxically when it comes to smartphones, the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge stands out among the best mobile phones of today, so it is time to put these giants on the scales and know which of the two well-known companies offers the best product and thus know who will be the winner.
It is worth noting that the current generation of iPhone 7 Plus mobile phones integrates a number of innovations such as the new dual camera, which provides excellent results.
Similarly, the Galaxy S7 edge of Samsung is relentless and boasts increasingly competitive and attractive additions.
Can these mobile phones be confronted with the incomparable and powerful technology? So let’s weigh the components of each one in detail and conclude in a winner.
- 1 Iphone 7 vs galaxy s7 edge which is better
- 2 Samsung galaxy s7 edge vs iphone 7 plus – Design and size
Iphone 7 vs galaxy s7 edge which is better
It is obvious that each one of this well-known company develops products of consistently high quality, that is to say that iPhone 7 Plus and Samsung Galaxy S7 edge are true portents of modern engineering, without economic limitations and whose best witness is their particular hardware. Let’s see a comparison of its characteristics:
Dimension and weight
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus: 2 * 77.9 * 7.3 mm and 188 grams.
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge: 150.9 * 72.6 * 7.7 mm and 157 grams.
Display and Resolution
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge: features a 5 “Super AMOLED display incorporating Corning Gorilla Glass 4; high resolution Quad HD 2560 x 1440 px.
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus: has a 5 “screen with 3D Touch technology, with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels – Full HD.
Processor and operating system
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge: includes a Samsung Exynos 8 Octa 8890 processor and Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with Samsung TouchWiz.
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus: Featuring an Apple A10 Fusion processor with Quad-core 2.23 GHz with iOS version 10.0.1.
Memory and storage capacity
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM memory, 32GB or 64GB UFS 2.0 capacity expandable to 128GB (microSD)
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus: 3GB LPDDR4 RAM memory, capacity is 32,128 or 256GB, cannot be expanded.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge: 5 Mpx front with aperture (f/1.7). 12 Mpx with aperture (f/1.7), Dual Pixel Sensor technology, LED flash, OIS and autofocus by phase detection.
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus: Dual rear with 12 Mpx sensor with aperture (f/1.8) and (f/2.8), PDAF technology, optical zoom, Quad LED flash.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge: 3,600 mAh with fast and wireless charging.
Apple iPhone 7 Plus: 2,900 mAh.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge: 4G LTE Cat (12/13). Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi double band. Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS with GLONASS and A-GPS, MicroUSB 2.0, USB Host, 3.5 mm jack.
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus: 4G LTE Cat. 12/13, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Dual Band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, A-GPS, NFC, GLONASS, MicroUSB 2.0.
In relation to the physical components there is no clearly defined winner, as each of the software differs significantly between them.
However, the Galaxy S7 edge takes congratulations on descriptions like RAM memory, as it enjoys taking advantage of its opponent with more than one gigabyte above.
But this difference has no impact whatsoever on effective performance, as the mobile operating system for the iPhone has been specially perfected.
Maximum suitability characterizes the components of both smart devices, as they are state-of-the-art in processing power.
It is worth noting that with the iPhone you enjoy up to 256 GB securely, with the Galaxy S7 edge you don’t have to guarantee your home to access that storage capacity, because it has it at the required level.
Samsung galaxy s7 edge vs iphone 7 plus – Design and size
Both phones have been designed with the best materials available in today’s technology market, putting them on an equal footing with Apple’s iPhone 7 Plus compared to Samsung’s Galaxy S7 edge. However, they have several significant external differences.
- This variation means that the iPhone is fully assembled in aluminium 7000, while for the Galaxy S7 edge, aluminium is the only material used for edges.
- Likewise, both mobile phones have a screen of equal dimensions or size.
In more dimensionally specific terms, iPhone from its early generations is characterized by very pronounced frames, which means that its extensions are larger in general terms.
- While for the Samsung this feature stands out for its tighter and/or narrower edges and ends, making it a size that is easier to handle.
- With regard to the range of colours that is sometimes of great interest to the user, especially for ladies, there is nothing to worry about because both devices have a wide variety of colours and alternatives, which are clearly shown in their catalogues.
- The latest generation of mobile phones such as the iPhone 7 Plus has a colour scale containing Silver, Gold, Pink Gold, Matte Black, Brilliant Black.
- At the other end, Black, White, Gold, Silver and Gold Rose are the various shades that favor the Galaxy S7 edge.
Apple iphone 7 vs samsung galaxy s7 edge – Multimedia and Software
These two intelligent mobile devices fundamentally and certainly differ from each other within the software. While the iPhone contains the latest iOS release, which is also a recent addition to the market, the Galaxy S7 edge is the most current or recent version.
- The preference or selection for one or the other depends to a large extent on the subjective sphere of the user, whose inclinations can be focused on the simplest, distinguished and sober features of the iPhone presentation or inclined to the characterization offered by the Samsung mobile phone.
- Both examples of the most modern telephony have mediated significant changes and transformations between generations of the multimedia section, clarifying that the iPhone 7 Plus currently has stereo sound due to the incorporation of double speaker, a feature that lacks the Galaxy S7 edge.
- As far as the screens are concerned, both the iPhone 7 Plus and the Galaxy S7 edge boast or enjoy perspectives or angles of vision that, in addition to the distinctive color reproduction of both devices, is simply exceptional even though the Samsung phone is superior in resolution.
- The large dimensions of the panels offer unparalleled moments to the user, especially when playing some games and/or multimedia contents.
- The Samsung Galaxy S7 edge features a larger battery capacity than the smaller-capacity iPhone 7 Plus.
But these variations do not translate into marked differences in uptime, as the maximum resolution for Galaxy S7 edge demands higher power consumption. Consequently, it can be said that the terminals of one and the other will be able to reach the end of the day, although they show different percentages of each other.
The photographic section is a highly controversial aspect of a few years to this part, becoming a flag of struggle that seeks to rid or discuss the high quality of a device in general terms, compared to the overall quality.
- The Samsung Galaxy S7 edge camera was awarded as the best of any mobile phone.
- However, with the availability of the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus on the market, Samsung’s handset will face many challenges in the struggle to prevail as true industry leaders. Technically speaking, it puts the iPhone 7 on display with a beautiful dual 12-megapixel rear view camera, with optical zoom or dual magnification focaliser.
- In parallel analysis, the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge has a unique 12-megapixel dual flash back camera. Recently, many comments have been made about the exploits that the iPhone 7 Plus can perform in the field of photography, but when compared to Samsung’s flagship, the exploits pale and do not seem such, since it does not succeed in overcoming it in any way.
- In fact, as mentioned above, at night time it is the Galaxy S7 edge which is slightly superior to the Apple model.
Thus, we can see how the difference between these two phones is very close in the field of photography.
Where can I get these models?
Currently it is very easy to get the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, this smart mobile device from Samsung can be obtained for a very attractive price, as you can get it for about 500 euros.
There is a difference in the cost of both devices of about 400 euros, as you can set aside the iPhone in the official website for a cost of 909 euros, as its minimum price, this factor can be decisive for a large number of users who want to buy a mobile phone of the latest generation and high range.
Now, we just need to ask you to help us share this page in your social networks so we can reach more people who need to receive information about the iPhone world. Just click on one of the buttons below. Thank you very much!